[html-formfu] Changes to H::FF::M::DBIC

Peter Shangov pshangov at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 11:46:34 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I have made some updates to HTML::FormFu::Model::DBIC, namely:

1. belongs_to relationships are saved earlier so that they don't throw an exception when their FK in the related table is required
2. null_if_empty option is added for fields, forcing an empty string to be converted to undef when saving

There was a third issue I wanted to include, but I have encountered some problems there and will write separately about it.

Currently the changes are in my fork at git://github.com/pshangov/HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC.git. I have been using the updated version (sans item 2, but it is very minor anyway) for about a month at $work, without any problems. Can you please download and run the test suite on your machines, since Carl had indicated earlier there might be issues with item 1's tests.

How should I proceed now? Should I merge it with the main master now or should I rather wait? Does anybody want to review/sanction the updates? Can I get co-maintainer status on CPAN?

Cheers,

--
Peter