[html-formfu] 0.09000 upgrade with cpanm

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 13:43:26 GMT 2011

On 27 March 2011 10:26, Nigel Metheringham <nigel at dotdot.it> wrote:
> The "kill old FormFu versions" code makes an upgrade using cpanminus
> slightly confusing:-
>
>  $ cpanm .
>  --> Working on .
>  Configuring HTML-FormFu-0.09000 ... FAIL
>  ! Timed out (> 60s). Use --verbose to retry.
>
> Thats down to the interactive check regarding a pre-installed verson.

Because old-version elements, constraints, etc will cause such
problems, currently the only way around that would be for us to prompt
only if the terminal is interactive - and if not, die with an
explanation.

I think it might be a better solution, though, to change our code so
that elements, etc use a new namespace - so old-versions will never be
loaded and won't conflict.
I think this would cause a lot less headaches for everyone in the long run.
I'll try to make this change this week.