[html-formfu] New user with simple question

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed May 25 08:34:52 GMT 2011

Personally, for a simple example, I'd combine the 2 .cgi files into 1.
your simple.cgi is already doing `if ( $form->submitted ) {} else {}`
so the form may as well post to simple.cgi, and you can just get rid
of the 2nd .cgi

> Next,  the initial CGI file: simple.cgi
> ======================

>  28 $form->indicator("textvar");
>  29 $form->process( $cgi_query );

As it is, lines 28 is redundant, and line 29 doesn't need the
$cgi_query parameter passed, as that .cgi is only being used to
display the form.

> And last, the processing CGI file: simple_get.cgi

>  19 $query = new CGI;

>  25 #$form->action("/cgi-bin/simple_get.cgi");
>  26 #$form->method("post");
>  27 $form->indicator("submit");
>  28 $form->process();

Line 28 needs to be