[html-formfu] How to prefill form from Session

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 10:40:16 GMT 2011

On 18 October 2011 11:30, abhishek jain <abhishek.netjain at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Another newbie ques from me, i tried searching on google first but couldnt
> find a sol.
>
> How to prefill form from session, iam doing multi step form and i need a way
> to persist values via session till last step.

Hi,
You'll need HTML::FormFu::MultiForm
and one of the Catalyst::Controller::HTML::FormFu::Action::MultiForm* modules.

I didn't realise it wasn't documented - you'll need to look at the
tests to see it working - there are tests in both the HTML-FormFu and
Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu distribution.

It actually stores previous pages' data in an encrypted hidden field -
if you really need to use the session, you'll need to write a bespoke
plugin to do all the work instead (HTML::FormFu::Plugin::*)

> Also how to prefill from database,

For integration with DBIx::Class, see HTML::FormFu::Model::DBIC