[Html-widget] Fwd: [rt.cpan.org #20313] embed() discards top level controls

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 12:14:57 CEST 2006

On 10/07/06, A. Pagaltzis <pagaltzis at gmx.de> wrote:
> * Ash Berlin <ash at cpan.org> [2006-07-10 18:55]:
> > the current implementation doesn't allow deeply nested widgets
> > - it currently only nests one level deep.
>
> Ugh.

Patches to fix this will be gratefully accepted ( and applied ;)

> > At the very least, do you fancy putting together a test (patch
> > or new file more likely) for this format?
>
> I'll do it if that's what it takes. However, I can't afford to
> spend time on it before I'm certain that the patch won't be
> rejected (for reasons other than quality, that is).

If anyone can work on a patch to implement nested fieldsets - that'd be great.
I think all that would be necessary to support backwards compatability
would be to make sure that if the outermost widget doesn't contain any
elements, then there shouldn't be an outer fieldset.
The current behaviour should be considered a bug.

Patches that includes both code and tests will get applied quicker.
Patches that only include code won't get applied until someone else
gets the time to add tests.

Cheers,
Carl