[Html-widget] strange error with HTMLEscape filter when installing latest from CPAN

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 1 15:57:37 GMT 2006

Hi,

I was setting up a new server (nothing like installing
on a clean box) when I got the following error in the
tests for HTML::Widget:

Cannot determine perl version info from
lib/HTML/Widget.pm

#   Failed test 'XML output is double encoded'
#   at t/filter_htmlescape.t line 28.
#                   '<form id="widget"
method="post"><fieldset class="widget_fieldset"><
input class="textfield" id="widget_foo" name="foo"
type="text" value="&lt;p&gt;message&l
t;/p&gt;" /></fieldset></form>
# '
#     doesn't match '(?x-ism:\
value\=\"\&\#38\;lt\;p\&\#38\;gt\;message\&\#38\;lt\;\/p\
&\#38\;gt\;\"\
# )'
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 3.

I've been poking around and can't seem to figure out
if there is a missing dependency.  The html escape
filter is just doing a regex, nothing crazy, so I
can't figure this out.

Has anyone seen this?

I'm setting this up on Ubuntu Server with Perl 5.8.8
setup.  I have a custom install script that loads all
my app prequisites and external libraries.  I've used
this before on other boxes but not since the latest
round of HTML Widget updates.

Thanks!
John