[Html-widget] Fwd: [rt.cpan.org #20313] embed() discards top level controls

Michael Gray mjg17 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 16:26:21 CEST 2006

I hope I've not stepped on anyone's toes, but here's a failing test
which I think captures the intended ability to nest fieldsets as
outlined by A. Pagaltzis and requested by Ash.

It strikes me, though, that it might be nicer to provide a new method,
$w->embed_fieldset(), which creates a new HTML::Widget with the correct
containter type and embeds it too.  The test case would then look like:

  my $w = HTML::Widget->new('foo')->action('/foo');

  my $fs1 = $w->embed_fieldset('main');
  $fs1->element('Textfield', 'bar');

  my $fs2 = $fs1->embed_fieldset('nested');
  $fs2->element('Textfield', 'baz');

  my $f = $w->process;

--
Michael