[Html-widget] Offer of help / question about H::W status

Michael Gray mjg17 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 26 13:50:51 CEST 2006

HTML::Widget and DBIx::Class::HTMLWidget are just right for my current
project, or would be with a few fixes.  The most important of those is
for nested fieldset support, as discussed on this list recently.

I am happy to have a go at implementing those fixes, although I may
need some guidance.

The snag is I need to decide by the end of the week whether this is a
practical proposition.  If not, I'll need to seek alternative
solutions based on combinations of other modules.

I hate hassling people who have already made stunning contributions to
the community, but I am concerned that this list has been rather quiet
of late, and that there are reasonable-looking patches contributed to
the list which are stacking up and not making it into the SVN version.

I'd hate to put in effort which either duplicates what others are
working on, or just gets dropped and becomes a local maintenance
problem.

So this is really a gentle plea to the module maintainers:

 * to give an indication of their view of the current state of H::W,

 * and to indicate if it's realistic for me to get stuck into fixing
   some of the issues which are holding me back from adopting it here.

Thanks very much

--
Michael
#catalyst IRC nick: Lunky