[Html-widget] trying to get the type of an element

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 19:02:41 GMT 2006

[snipped]

>Does anyone
> know which package has the element method that gets
> called when an element object calls it's element
> method?
>
> --John

Okay, I answered my own question,
HTML::Widget::Element::NullContainer has a element
method as well.  Thank you perl -d :)

I added this accessor for element which returns the
type you used when instantiating it.  So:

my $w1 = HTML::Widget->new;
my $f1 = $w1->element('Fieldset', 'top');
my $e1 = $f1->element('Select',	'e1');

print $fi->element_type; ## Fieldset
print $e1->element_type; ## Select

This is just a easier way of doing a pattern match
against ref $f1 to get the type you used.

Attached is the test and the diffs for element,
nullcontainer and widget.  Please let me know if it
meets the specification.  Thanks!

--john

The all-new Yahoo! Mail beta
Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.
http://new.mail.yahoo.com