[Html-widget] Formatting of $result.as_xml

Jason Kohles email at jasonkohles.com
Wed Oct 4 16:49:44 CEST 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 12:38 PM, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:

> I found it utterly difficult to deal with the output of
> $result.as_xml when debugging.  Wouldn't it be usefull if there was
> an option to set some nice formatting there?

I do it like this...

if ( $ENV{ 'DEBUG_PRETTY_XML'} ) {
     require XML::LibXML;
}

sub pretty_xml {
     my ( $xml ) = @_;
     return $xml unless $ENV{ 'DEBUG_PRETTY_XML' };
     my $printer = XML::LibXML->new;
     return "\n\n".$printer->parse_string( $xml )->toString( 1 )."\n\n";
}

You could probably even graft this into HTML::Widget, although I use
it for dealing with other kinds of xml too, so I like to keep it
separate.

--
Jason Kohles
email at jasonkohles.com
http://www.jasonkohles.com/
"A witty saying proves nothing."  -- Voltaire