[Html-widget] Bug on select options(undef)?

Ted Carnahan ted at tedcarnahan.com
Tue Oct 10 15:48:56 CEST 2006

We've found an inconvenient bit of behavior, but we're not quite sure
how to handle it.  On Selects, using attribute chaining, if you
(inadvertantly) set options to undef, then the object returned out of
Class::Accessor::Chained::Fast is the value of the options field
(undef), instead of the reference to the element.  That seems like
useful behavior in general (passing undef is like not passing any
options, so you would want it to return the current value), but is
supremely annoying in this case (we end up putting our calls to options
last in the list so that they can't muck anything up).  Any ideas?

 - Ted Carnahan