[Html-widget] HTML::Widget::Element::Field

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 10:38:14 GMT 2006

Hi,

Answering Carl's comment on my blog post at:
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=36345871&postID=116134505314349604
where inspired by an email from this list I compared HTML::Widget with
Rails Helpers.

Carl writes:

> I've edited H::W, to make it possible to add a 'Field' type element to achieve this.

> $widget->element(Field => foo);
> $result->field_xml( foo => 'Textfield', %attrs );

That's a fast reply!  Looks like HTML::Widget is really moving fast
ahead.  Now I need to think how to incorporate that into InstantCRUD.
But I have one more idea.  How about:

$result->Textfield('foo', %attrs)

What do you think?

And by the way - the explanation message for a failing constraing
logically also belongs to  the templates.  But it is so tightly
coupled to the actual code of the constraint that I don't see a good
solution to this.

--
Zbyszek