[Html-widget] Select fields and '0' value - again

Tobias Kremer t at funkreich.de
Thu Sep 7 10:05:28 CEST 2006

Hey folks,

I'm still having trouble using '0' values in select lists. I'm using Catalyst,
the C::Plugin::HTML::Widget plugin and its $c->widget_result() method. There's
a select field which has the following options:

[ 0 => 'unsubscribed', 1 => 'subscribed' ]

The Select field is initialized with $el->value( '1' ) (from a database record).
However, when changing the value in the form to 'unsubscribed' (=0) it jumps
back to its default 'subscribed' (=1) after submitting the form.

Furthermore, I'm wondering if there's a sane way to stop HTML::Widget
from reverting to the default values (set with "->value") for fields that
have an "All" constraint defined but were submitted empty?

Any ideas?

Thanx!

-- Tobias