[Html-widget] Default values of Submit-elements after form-submission

Adam Sjøgren adsj at novozymes.com
Wed Sep 27 16:59:28 CEST 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:07:05 +0100, Carl wrote:

>> Should I just bite the sour apple and keep a list of my Submit-buttons
>> with values and prefill my $q's with them, or what less cumbersome
>> solution have I overlooked?

> I can certainly see the argument for making Submit / Reset buttons
> special cases, and using the default value.
> Maybe leave Button elements as they are, so that there's a simple way
> of creating buttons which have the behaviour of not using the default.

Maybe I am using HTML::Widget in a stupid way with Catalyst, since
this bit me, I'm not sure.

What I do is this:

I have a method that creates a widget; it optionally takes an object
of whatever it is the widget edits - and can do different things
depending on the object (for instance: add a list of checkboxes for
related objects, if there are any, - say uploaded pictures - where
each can be unchecked if the related object is to be deleted).