[Html-widget] Status of HTML::Widget?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 14:43:26 GMT 2007

On 07/02/07, Dave Morriss <m.paradoxa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I get the impression from reading through the list archives that H::W
> development is now frozen and the module is likely to be replaced by
> something else in the near future.
>
> Is there any point in my learning HTML::Widget, or should I wait for
> son-of-H::W?

Dave,

Yes, HTML::Widget seems to be in limbo at the moment.
It was originally written by sri, and I took it over when he no longer
had use for it.
I'm not interested in developing it further, but there are several
other people with permissions to make changes, and should anyone else
wish to contribute, they should connect to #catalyst on irc.perl.org
and ask an admin.

I've just made public my intended replacement, called HTML::FormFu.
It's documentation is a little lacking at the moment, but that will
get dealt with.
There are more details on how to get the files, in the email titled
"HTML::FormFu files", which I posted to the list today.

> I'm quite new to the intricacies of building such applications, and am
> a bit thrown by some aspects of H::W.

Could you expand on that any further, and I'll see it it's anything
I've already dealt with?

Cheers,
Carl