[Html-widget] Re: HTML-FormFu example xhtml

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 09:32:14 GMT 2007

Hi Adam,

On 22/01/07, Adam Sjøgren <adsj at novozymes.com> wrote:
> It seems to generate invalid HTML¹, as there is no "for"-attribute on
> the "legend"-element in the standard².

True, it's also unnecessary, as each radio in the group has it's own
label, and the RadioGroup legend isn't specific to a single form
element.
I've fixed it now (though not in the online example file).

> Also two elements (a "button" and an "input") have the same id, which
> is not allowed.

That was my fault for creating 2 different types of elements with the same name.
I think HTML-FormFu will probably just have the same logic that
ensures that radio buttons and checkboxes are given unique id's, but
makes no special effort to enforce it for other types of form fields.

> The CSS goes through the validation with flying colours :-)

Great!
Thanks for the feedback.

Carl