[Html-widget] FormFu custom element with javascript

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 13 22:45:47 GMT 2007

Hi Carl,

I got stuck during porting my similarity widget to the current api.

As I understand the code, the place to generate a custom javascript for the
widget is in a custom render function, right?

My problem is now that I need the id of the widget to access it later via
javascript, but prepare_id has not been called yet in the render function of
Element.pm.

Is it possible to call prepare_id before creating the render object or would
that mix something up?
Or did I mix something up?

Greets,
Mario