[MetaCPAN] Getting verison numbers for provided modules

Buddy Burden barefootcoder at gmail.com
Fri May 7 02:59:37 GMT 2021

Olaf,

> GitHub issues on the orgs are entirely fine for discussing things which aren’t bug reports. Discussions are enabled here as well: https://github.com/metacpan/metacpan-web/discussions
>
> StackOverflow creates a public record as well. So those are all good options. We don’t want to cut off communication, but if people use something other than the email list, then they’ll have a better chance of seeing a response.

A bit off-topic, but since it seemed to resonate with at least one other person ... :-)

I think SO is excellent if you have a relatively self-contained question that can receive a relatively self-contained answer.
  I think it breaks down a bit when you're dealing with a more complex topic that requires some back-and-forth.  Trying to
follow a "discussion" across different answers (which are now out of order due to voting) and stray comments on said answers
is really tough.

I had not considered opening a GitHub issue for the simple reason that I felt _very_ confident that there was no bug, and
maybe not even something that could evolve into a feature request.  I almost posted on PerlMonks, but I was looking for a
slightly more targeted audience.

But I completely understand your reasons for wanting to continue with the mailing list, and I think your suggestion of GitHub
discussions is an excellent one.

Thx again for all you do for the Perl community.  Take care.

		-- Buddy