[MojoMojo] SMTP mail settings (tried both localhost and mailserver) in mojomojo.conf

lsm lmarso at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 01:31:11 GMT 2010

It looks like Catalyst::View::Email just migrated from Email::Send to
Email::Sender

Various Catalyst::View::Email tutorials and example code is now broken.

It seems you have to pass in an explicit "header" hash, rather than the
individual header components.

i.e.,

before:

$c->stash->{email} = {
  to => 'recipient at recipient.com',
  from => 'sender at sender.com',
  subject => 'subject',
  body => 'body',
}

after:

$c->stash->{email} = {
  header => [
    to => 'recipient at recipient.com',
    from => 'sender at sender.com',
    subject => 'subject',
  ],
  body => 'body',
}

I surmise that the MojoMojo internals (and those of a lot of packages) may
have to change, to keep using Catalyst::View::Email.  Or
Catalyst::View::Email needs to handle legacy inputs?

FYI, I haven't confirmed this is the specific problem with MojoMojo, but
other packages I'm using seem to have broken -- and I have fixed -- in
precisely this manner.