[northwestengland.pm] Technical Talks Wednesday 25th Feb 2009

Ian Norton i.d.norton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:20:18 GMT 2009

Hi All,

The proposed program for the North West England Perl Mongers technical
talks on the 25th of February will be as follows:

Matt Trout of Shadowcat Systems will give a twenty minute talk
discussing Perl, it's modern capabilities and why you should think
about learning and using it.

Mark Keating of Shadowcat Systems and The Enlightened Perl
Organisation will give two ten minute talks, the first will be about
Enlightened Perl and the community efforts being made to make Perl a
more accessible an better language followed by a presentation about
Google Summer of Code.

Matt Trout will then conclude the session with another twenty minute
presentation about DBIx::Class, Catalyst, Moose and Reaction.

The meeting will begin with some brief introductions at 19:00.

After the meeting we'll hopefully be moving to a near by bar for a
beer or two where there will be chance to meet and discuss Perl with
members of NWE.pm and the talk presenters.

The program is about an hour long, but we expect we'll run on until
about 20:15 depending on time between presentations and any questions
and answers.

This is an opportunity to attend technical conference level talks not
only locally but also at no charge! Some or all of the talks on the
program have already featured at the annual London Perl Workshop in
November 2008 and the PostgreSQL Conference, West US in October 2008.

The exact venue within Infolab is yet to be determined, so someone
will meet people at the front doors of Infolab up until about 18:55.
Give 07870 594102 a call  if you find yourself lost or locked out!

Regards, Ian.