[northwestengland.pm] North West England Perl Mongers - Manchester - Technical meeting Wednesday 28th October 2009

Ian Norton i.d.norton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:09:19 GMT 2009

Hi All,

Technical meeting number 5 will held at the wonderful MEN offices in
Manchester (MEN Media, Hardman Street, Deansgate, M3 3RN), thanks to
Fade (Carl Johnstone), Grim (Graeme Lawton) and Iain (Iain Hubbard)
for making this possible. Ian and Mark would like to extend our thanks
to MEN Media for giving us use of their facilities. Due to the
restrictions on room size this event is limited to just twenty places,
so please use the above link to sign up as soon as possible and avoid
disappointment.

The programme will feature a talk by Castaway (Jess Robinson) on
documenting Perl projects. We are hoping if we can arrange the
technical fiddly bits to have a live sync'd conference with KD (Kieren
Diment) in Australia, Castaway (Jess Robinson) and mst (Matt S. Trout)
where these three can take a live Q&A session and discuss their recent
Catalyst book.

If possible we will be streaming this live to the internet and will be
asking interested people in the Perlverse and beyond to send questions
to the speakers that they will answer in real time. If not we will be
using a back-up set of questions that people can send to us before the
event and then we will host the video on our site at a later date for
all to enjoy.  Questions can be sent to
nwe-questions at suppliers.shadowcatsystems.co.uk in the first instance.

Hope to see some of you there!

Remember, North West England Perl Mongers covers a large geographical
area!  If you want us to bring the camel and penguin to your area and
you can organise a venue for approximately twenty people, please do
let me know.

Please forward this email to friends, colleagues or lists that you
think might be interested.

Regards, Ian.