[northwestengland.pm] Reminder: MFS Talk. Tues, 20 Sept. "FreedomBox: Enabling private conversations online", Sam Tuke.

Michael Dorrington michael.dorrington at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 09:31:05 GMT 2011

On 21/09/11 22:20, Ludovic Tolhurst-Cleaver wrote:
> Yup.  In fact I still have the RMS book I bought from you guys on my desk,
> except I've finallly started reading it.  It's very readable, I'm just
> weeeeeeeelllll busy all the time.  Not only at work - I now have three
> little girls (2-year old twins and a new baby).  This is why I've only ev=
er
> been to two NWE.pm meetings, for instance.
> =

> Anyway, back then you wanted to start a free software society at MMU.  So
> did I.  However, you were suggesting something involving the students'

<snip>

> need me to tell you).  Then there's SUSE and MySQL of course, etc.)  I wo=
rk
> with .NET and SharePoint (even the name makes me puke) and I'd love to see
> all that Microsoft crap swept away.  (most at least)
> =

> I'd love to say I can do lots of organising and arrangement but as mentio=
ned
> above I generally find it pretty hard to find time for things.  I can bar=
ely
> even go to stuff at the moment, let alone organise it.  In fact I'm alrea=
dy
> over-committed.  But if I were to be involved with anything, stuff at MMU
> (especially if it were e.g. lunchtime rather than evening) would be the
> easiest to plan / help plan, market / help market and/or attend.

Well, just do what you can, when you can.

> I'd also be delighted to hear about more MFS stuff... are you going to ke=
ep
> on posting it to the NWE.pm mailing list or was this a one-off?

Probably, particularly if the talk/event is Sysadmin related like the
Puppet talk. I met with several of the NWE.pm people at the FLOSS UK
event on Saturday and we share a lot in common so I hope we can work
together more.

Regards,
Mike.
Manchester Free Software.