[northwestengland.pm] New talks at Dynamic Languages Conference (promotion)

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 15:18:13 GMT 2015

There are two new talks by James Laver at the Dynamic Languages
conference on Saturday:

Myths, legends and battles with dragons: paving the path from imagination to creation
   A whistlestop tour through the history of programming from the perspective of the maker. Along the way I'll show the rise of dynamic languages, demonstrate their extensive use in the games industry and hypothesise about why you'll still have a job in twenty years.

Staying safe in the code mines: is your agile process killing you?
   A look at the science behind productivity and what it means in the modern workplace. I'll talk through the places process falls down, show how agile can be hazardous to both productivity and mental health and offer an alternative that paves the way to success.

Tickets are still available for £15 (discount price) and £5
(concessions) to cover room hire, and includes a light lunch and drinks
(a bargain price):

http://bit.ly/dl2015tickets

-mdk