[northwestengland.pm] Internet of Things and Functional Programming HackNight @ Madlab Lambda Lounge, Mon 17th July 7pm

Hakim C hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 21:53:45 GMT 2017

It's time for another LambdaLounge meetup!  This time we're doing a hands
on "hacknight" exploring the Internet of Things, functional languages and
microcontrollers

 When: Monday 17th July @ 7pm
 Who:  various organizers including Qambar Raza http://qambarraza.com/ who
spoke at May's IoT night
 Where:  https://madlab.org.uk/find-us/
 What:  Hands On experimentation with Internet of Things and functional
Languages.
             Please bring a laptop if you can!
             (Some microcontrollers will be available: but please feel free
to bring your own electronics kit too!)

Whether you're an FP beginner or an expert, *everyone is welcome* at
LambdaLounge talks.

Here's the full blurb, hope to see you there on Monday!

http://www.lambdalounge.org.uk/2017/07/17/iot-hacknight.html#meetings
Hacknight: The Functional Internet of Things
We’re meeting on Monday 17th July at 7pm at MadLab to play with
microcontrollers and functional languages! We will have some instructions
for very simple projects that you can extend. Alternatively, you are
welcome to work on a project of your own, or join other attendees to help
them.

After our May talks on IoT we’ll meet to work together on various Internet
of Things projects. This will be a Hands On session, so please do bring:

 * laptop
 * any electronics kit you have that you'd like to play with
But don’t worry: we will bring various microcontrollers: ESP8266, Arduino,
some BBC micro:bits etc.

We’ll start by getting software installed and things setup, so do feel free
to arrive early if you can. Then we’ll do a brief brainstorming exercise,
and form into small teams (or work alone if you prepare) on our projects!

All the best,
Hakim