[northwestengland.pm] lambdalounge: Mon 16th Sep - Interactive Music Workshop with Dr Jenn Kirby

Hakim C hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 20:35:07 GMT 2019

Register here:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-programming-music-with-pure-data-dr-jenn-kirby-tickets-71298256003

Make music together with innovative software instruments. Bring a laptop
and headphones!
About this Event

This month we have an interactive music workshop with Jenn Kirby
<http://www.jennkirby.com/>.

Dr Jenn Kirby is a composer, performer, lecturer and music technologist.
Jenn teaches music at the University of the West of Scotland. Her output
includes contemporary instrumental composition, electroacoustic music,
sound art, noise music, experimental pop, laptop orchestra performance and
solo live electronics. Jenn builds software, uses wearables and re-purposed
games controllers as musical interfaces, to create and perform theatrical
live electronic music.

Jenn is a prominent live-electronic music performer and has had music
performed in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Austria, Switzerland, the
Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Poland, Canada, the United States and Mexico.

The workshop will offer an introduction to programming music systems using
the Pure Data programming environment. Participants will be introduced to
audio synthesis and working with controllers to programme expressive
digital musical instruments.

Through an in-depth look at software instruments, participants will have
the opportunity to make music together finding new means of musical
expression.

Resources needed: Laptop and headphones.

Participants will need to install:

   - Pd-Extended 0.43 <http://puredata.info/downloads/pd-extended>
   - Pure Data 0.50 <http://puredata.info/downloads/pure-data>

This meeting is kindly supported by EqualExperts and Barclays Eagle Labs.

Pizza and drinks are provided. (We always cater for Vegetarian. Please
advise if you are vegan/GF/etc. so we can plan numbers. Soft drinks and
water available.)

Doors open at 18:30 for reception, chat, and setup. Workshop will start at
19:00