[northwestengland.pm] LambdaLounge July (online) Mon 20th July: Scala - Anton and Olivier from Disney+. IO Monad, Cats effect, and Weaver test

Hakim C hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:47:59 GMT 2020

Hope you are all safe and well! Our next *LambdaLounge* (in conjunction
with *Scala* Manchester) is next week on the internets!

Please book your *FREE* Ticket and tell your friends :-)
https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/London/Virtual-Event/Lambda-Lounge-July---Cats-Effect-and-Weaver-Test/13803816/

This month we have a talk on functional Scala and effect types. This is a
shared meetup with Scala Manchester
<https://www.meetup.com/scala-developers/>.
This month we have Anton and Olivier from Disney Streaming Services will
talk about effect types in Scala, what they are, why they matter, and
introduce the Cats Effect <https://typelevel.org/cats-effect/> project.
Then they will introduce a new test framework, Weaver Test
<https://disneystreaming.github.io/weaver-test/>, that they have built
using Cats Effect in Scala.