[northwestengland.pm] Lambda Lounge June 2020 - Online Lightning Talks!

Hakim C hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:15:48 GMT 2020

Hi all, hope you are all safe and well in Lockdown!

After a bit of a gap (sorry about that!) we're back and going online! We've
two two talks for you this month.

Please sign up at
*https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lambda-lounge-june-2020-lightning-talks-tickets-108986934856
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lambda-lounge-june-2020-lightning-talks-tickets-108986934856>*

*Jorge Gueorguiev Garcia* - Lessons from doing production FP

On my first FP (Clojure) production project, I discovered that my approach
was incorrect. This is a quick view of my errors and what I did to overcome
them.

*Conor Farrell* - Kotlin for Scala Developers, and vice versa

Having finally managed to get paid to write all the major JVM languages,
I'll compare and contrast the two most recent, Scala and Kotlin.

Obviously in the strange times that we live in we can't go to the pub after
the talks, however please do join us on our new discord server:
https://discord.com/invite/mQ9gGQN
We are still getting setup with this, so let us know if there is anything
you would like to see on there.

*NB*: we do have space for more Lightning Talk (5-10 min) submissions, if
you'd like to speak, so do get in touch!

All the best from the LL organisers!