[Number-phone] Number::Phone version 3.4004 released

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Apr 10 22:44:21 GMT 2018

Version 3.4004 of Number::Phone is on its way to the CPAN. It includes
the following changes:

libphonenumber now has data for Kosovo, so that is no longer a special
case where we just blindly accepted any old +383 number. We now validate
them. Also related to Kosovo, they are no longer using random bits of
the number space in other countries for Kosovan mobile phones.

Bug fixes related to countries that use prefix transforms. Minor
bugfixes for the Vatican, and for San Marino.

The usual data updates.

And Number::Phone::Country::Data is now (mostly) generated from
libphonenumber data, so should be kept up to date better. There are
still some bits of it that are maintained manually, but the build
scripts will now yell at me if I don't keep them up to date.

The next release is scheduled for around about the beginning of June.