[OSUNIX-dev] OSUNIX as ILLUMOS replacement?

Stamos Tolias stamtolias at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:11:25 GMT 2011

Hello OSUNIX list,

I've been very dissatisfied what is happening at ILLUMOS and I found
many many others which are suffering from Garrett D'Amore/NEXENTA and
their narrow-minded, ZFS centric dictatorship and cathedral
development model.
We are going to fork ILLUMOS and make it the place we think will be
the real successor to OPENSOLARIS with a different development model
where multiple equals, each owning a functionality, work together in a
bazaar of ideas and dreams.
Would OSUNIX be willing to become an ILLUMOS replacement and host us?

Stamos