[Perl5-syntax] Method::Signatures, now with types

Nick Perez nick at nickandperla.net
Wed Apr 20 23:27:06 GMT 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:17:07 -0700
Buddy Burden <barefootcoder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Resurrecting this old thread to get your expert opinion.
>
> So I've managed to get Method::Signatures inserted into MXD.  Using
> your excellent (and helpful) suggestions, it works basically like
> this:

Excellent!

> Can you think of a good way to avoid this? or do you think I'm
> worrying unnecessarily and it's no big deal?

If you believe the hype about Moose dragging in half of CPAN in
dependencies (haha), then I think this little bit of
micro-optimization isn't really all that necessary.

Not really ideal for repetitive execution environments where startup
time is important (CGI, etc), but I don't think anyone is going to be
using MXD for such environments anyhow.

That said, I am fairly sure there some black magic that you could
invoke to prevent loading of MXMS, but then your module declaration
would need to be before MXD (rather than after). But I digress.

Congratulations on your success. Next time I wander off into MXD land,
I'll give your module a whirl.

:)

--

Nicholas Perez