[Perl5-syntax] Method signatures: are slurpy params optional by default?

Buddy Burden barefootcoder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 20:27:23 GMT 2011

Matt,

> I'd suggest checking what Method::Signatures::Simple does as well.

It agrees with MXMS.

> Method::Signatures basically became "schwern's experiments in signature
> syntax", which is going to produce some interesting results over time but
> means it generally isn't consistent with anything else.

Well, I think schwern wants to achieve some consistency there; I
assume that's why he advised me to ask these sorts of questions here.
:)

But it looks like MS has to change regardless, since it incorrectly
identifies passing an empty array as missing a required argument.  So
I'll patch that and get it to schwern.  Still curious if Perl6 is able
(and/or willing) to distinguish between those two (but I realize you
personally aren't the right person to ask that of).

Thanx everyone for the help!

            -- Buddy