[Redis] Perl Redis Client news

Damien Krotkine damien at krotkine.com
Mon Nov 18 01:11:28 GMT 2013

Hi,

In the past weeks, you may have seen that I've released 1.962, 1.963 and
1.964. These release had 3 goals:

- do a first release as new maintainer
- perform some fixes due to maintainership change
- try to get rid of easy-to-fix issues

These goals have been met, so I'm happy. Redis is now fork-safe, and has
better documentation and some minor issues fixed.

Now, comes the next part of the Plan: tackle the serious issues about
Redis.pm

- sysread vs read vs recv: Ivan and myself have started brainstorming
and working on getting read of mixing sysread and read on windows, and
doing more benchmark to see if read is really faster.

- pubsub failing at surviving a server restart (
https://github.com/PerlRedis/perl-redis/issues/34 ): that issue should
be fixed in master, I'll send an email about it tomorrow.

- pipelining: currently, this is the major issue, as pipelining doesn't
do what it's supposed to do (see issues 45, 46 and 49). However we know
how to fix it, so it should be done rather quickly.

If you can, please try the current version 1.964 and report any issue

dams.