[Xml-compile] First steps with XML:Compile

Rolf Schaufelberger rs at plusw.de
Mon Jun 30 17:56:47 BST 2008

Am Montag, 30. Juni 2008 17:42:21 schrieb Allan Wind:
> Hi Rolf,
>
> Are you importing all the xsd files?   Here is a relevant section from
> XML::Compile man page:
>
>        .   Imports and includes, as used in the schemas, are NOT
> performed automaticly.  Schema's and
>            such are NOT collected from internet dynamically; you have
> to call XML::Com‐
>            pile::Schema::importDefinitions() explictly with filenames
> of locally stored copies.
>            Includes do only work if they have a targetNamespace
> defined, which is the same as that of
>            the schema it is included into.
>

> /Allan

yes , I'm pulling these in with importDefinitions.
There have been some e-malis between Mark and me, yet not CCed to the list.
The problem is, that  the xsd files that I'm include are name-space less. Now
the point is, is this according to the specs or not. My current reading of
XML specs says "no", they should have the same namespace . But I hadn't too
much time the last couple of days to do some more invetigations.

Rolf Schaufelberger