[Xml-compile] XML-Compile-0.96 & XML-Compile-SOAP-0.78.: dateTime element missing

Mark Overmeer solutions at overmeer.net
Sat Nov 8 11:46:23 GMT 2008

* Allan Wind (allan at insurancedesk.com) [081108 08:22]:
> I am trying to use a service with a dateTime element:
> <wsdl:definitions xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
> xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" ..>
> <s:element name="AddLeadWithUser">
>    <s:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="dob" type="s:dateTime" />

     (both min and max values are the defaults, hence ignored)

> When I use the element I am able to generate the document just fine
> with a value for the dob element of:
> ...<x0:dob>1986-01-01T00:00:00Z</x0:dob>...
>
> however when I try to submit this document the SOAP interface that
> uses the same element I get the error (domain changed to example.com):
>
> error: required value for element
> `{https://www.example.com/AddLeadService/}dob' missing at
> {https://www.example.com/AddLeadService/}AddLeadWithUser

Please send me the actual WSDL and (extract of the real) code.
Did you try to produce a perl template example for the type?

> BuiltInTypes.pm:
>
> -strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%S:%MZ", gmtime($_[0]))
> +strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ", gmtime($_[0]))

Oops... thanks!

> BuiltInTypes.pod
>        dateTime
> Not sure if time is optional and tz is optional, and if there is no
> timezone then is the default not in Z opposed to localtime?
>    A moment, represented as "date T time tz", where date
>    is "YYYY-MM-DD", time is "HH:MM:SS", and optional tz which is either
>    "-HH:mm", "+HH:mm", or "Z" for UTC.

The specs do not say what the default meaning is.  Therefore, I will
be changed it into:
  A moment, represented as "date T time tz", where date is C<YYYY-MM-DD>,
  time is C<HH:MM:SS>, and time-zone tz is either C<-HH:mm>, C<+HH:mm>,
  or C<Z> for UTC.  The time-zone is optional, but can better be used
  because the default is not defined in the standard.

Met vriendelijke groet,

drs Mark A.C.J. Overmeer                                MARKOV Solutions
       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net