[Xml-compile] Generating WSDL

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:46:00 GMT 2008

We have tried to reuse the WSDL files from our legacy Java server in
the new Perl implementation - but that turned to be difficult (and
impossible automatically - because it uses RPC style calls).  Now the
plan is to generate the WSDL file for our services.  I've tried to
google for solutions to this problem and I found:

1) http://search.cpan.org/~pdenis/WSDL-Generator-0.02/lib/WSDL/Generator.pm
- development of this one stopped in 2002 and does not work in 5.8 -
rather scary

2) http://search.cpan.org/~tareka/Pod-WSDL-0.05/lib/Pod/WSDL.pm -
looks nice but generates RPC style calls - which are problematic with
XML-Compile as I understand.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/