[Xml-compile] WSDL confusion

Tobias Henoeckl hoeni-xmlcompile at sisyphus.de
Thu Oct 2 14:01:57 BST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to design a working webservice client/server for a catalyst
application using Catalyst::Controller::SOAP.

When i tried to transmit failures from the server, the client seemed to
choke on the SOAP faults. So, since I have no experience with SOAP using
XML::Compile and WSDL I tried to isolate my problem into a small part
and got into another one ;-):

When building a simple, WSDL based service for examination I get an
error when parsing the WSDL with XML::Compile::WSDL11->new('x.wsdl'):

  error: element `{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}binding' not
  processed at {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}definitions

XMLspy, which I use for editing the WSDL file, says it's well-formed
and valid, as well as soapUI (http://www.soapui.org/) is fine with it.

I'd be glad for every possible hint, which part of the following WSDL
could cause the trouble:

---- 8<---- SCHNIPP ------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<definitions
        xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
        xmlns:y="http://new.webservice.namespace"
        targetNamespace="http://new.webservice.namespace">

        <message name="getRandResponse">
                <part name="number" type="xs:integer"/>
        </message>
        <message name="getRandRequest">
                <part name="number" type="xs:integer"/>
        </message>

        <portType name="testPort">
                <operation name="getRand">
                        <output message="y:getRandResponse"/>
                        <input message="y:getRandRequest"/>
                </operation>
        </portType>

        <binding name="testBinding" type="y:testPort">
                <soap:binding style="document" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
                <operation name="getRand">
                        <soap:operation soapAction="urn:#getRand"/>
                        <output>
                                <soap:body use="literal"/>
                        </output>
                        <input>
                                <soap:body use="literal"/>
                        </input>
                </operation>
        </binding>

        <service name="testService">
                <port name="testServicePort" binding="y:testBinding">
                        <soap:address location="http://localhost:9999/"/>
                </port>
        </service>
</definitions>

Thanks for your help!

Tobias "Hoeni" Henoeckl

--
SpaceNet AG
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14

Vorstand: Sebastian v. Bomhard
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Alexander Grundner-Culemann
Firmensitz: München, HRB: 136055 (Amtsgericht München)
USt-IdNr.: DE813185279