[Xml-compile] How to read an abstract element with xsi:type attribute?

Roman Daniel roman.daniel at davosro.cz
Sat Dec 19 15:10:53 GMT 2009

while parsing xml with abstract element substituted by concrete one I run
into a problem how to read:

<myabstractns:myAbstractElem xsi:type=3D"myconcretens:myConcreteType
attr=3D"value">
...some content
</myabstractns:myAbstractElem>

I have a schema containing the definition for myconcretens:myConcreteType,
but there is no element definition to create the reader for.

The only solution I was able to come up with is:

1) create new element by cloning the content of the original one
<myconcretens:newElementName attr=3D"value">
...some content
</myconcretens:newElementName>

2) create a new very simple schema with the definition
<xs:element name=3D"myconcretens:newElementName"
type=3D"myconcretens:myConcreteType"/>
and import it into my $xmlcompileschema

3) create the reader for "myconcretens:newElementName" and use it to read
the new element.

Rather cumbersome, isn't it? Does anybody know more elegant solution?

Thanks for any idea

Roman Daniel