[Xml-compile] Re: XML::Compile::SOAP

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Fri Jul 17 17:19:20 GMT 2009

* Edward Kawas (edward.kawas at gmail.com) [090717 14:48]:
> I think that maybe I confused you with my question. I want to have my
> doc/lit services served from my apache cgi-bin directory. All examples that
> you illustrate use XML::Compile::SOAP::HTTPDaemon. Basically, I am wondering
> if you have something similar to the way that SOAP::Lite dispatches
> requests.

XML::Compile uses the official schema's intensively: you do not need
to do that by hand.  These schema's must be loaded before you can start
handling requests.  The loading of the schema's and pre-compilation of
the answer generators takes considerable time (often seconds).  Therefore,
you do not want to restart a perl-script for each call.

You could probably implement it via mod_perl. Question is what you save
with that: then you do not use much of Apache, but mainly run Perl. The
part of Apache which you do use can be implemented in Perl in a dozen
or so lines of code. Then you do not get the complications of mod_perl
either.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net