[Xml-compile] Re: XML::Compile::SOAP

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Fri Jul 17 21:19:53 GMT 2009

* Gert Doering (gert at space.net) [090717 21:06]:
> This brings up interesting questions.  Assume you have an existing web
> server that needs to hand out "other stuff" (cgi, static pages, ...)
> and you need to do SOAP server functionality on the same machine, and
> due to firewall (or whatever) reasons cannot do it on a different port.

The HTTPDaemon implementation mainly uses handlers produced by the
common XML::Compile::SOAP modules.  So, it would be relatively simple
to translate it into a mod_perl version.  I had massive fights with
mod_perl2 quite some time ago, which I like avoid.

> What would the recommended approach be?  Use Apache mod_proxy to
> proxy incoming SOAP calls to a different port on the local machine, and
> have a perl daemon with XML::Compile::SOAP::HTTPDaemon listen to that?

I have such a proxy for some other project and compared to XML processing
itself, the delay can be ignored certainly when the final daemon is on the
samen system as the proxy.

> Being curious...

But now a serious answer to your question: see HTTP::Server::Multiplex ;-)

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net