[Xml-compile] XML::Compile::SOAP::Server namespace usage

Mark Blackman m.blackman at fairfx.com
Tue Jun 30 14:30:42 GMT 2009

On 30 Jun 2009, at 15:15, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 03:12:08PM +0100, Mark Blackman wrote:
>> I'm writing to see what it takes to get XML::Compile::SOAP::Server to
>> use the same (where appropriate) namespace(s) as the client request
>> uses.
>
> "why?"
>
> (I'm genuinely curious - shouldn't the namespace picked be completely
> irrelevant, as long as it's properly declared?  I recently had a fight
> with one of our suppliers about that, claiming that my XML would be
> "all wrong", but in the end I could convince him that using a
> different
> namespace prefix doesn't actually make any difference to a compliant
> parser...)

the compliant parser is the bit that's missing here. The client request
is some legacy code that simply filled in some XML TT templates with
data and a hard-coded specific namespace based on documentation
examples.

The client "parser" just decodes the return XML via XML::Simple and so
expects
a particular key name (based on the namespace) to find a key.

We are upgrading this client to use XML::Compile::SOAP on the client
requests
as well, but wanted to mock up a WSDL-based test server to mock up the
real .NET-based server.

- Mark