[Xml-compile] PayPal confusion

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Fri Sep 4 20:45:01 GMT 2009

* paul at phymatics.co.uk (paul at phymatics.co.uk) [090904 14:42]:
> correctly formatted hash to match the wsdl than anything else.... If someone
> could tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd be grateful.

Have to tried template() to give you an example?

> Their WSDL is here:
>   https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/wsdl/PayPalSvc.wsdl

>     Body => {
>         DoExpressCheckoutPaymentRequest => {
>             1 => 2,

A key named '1'?  That should be something more complex:

 <xs:complexType name="DoExpressCheckoutPaymentRequestType">
   <xs:complexContent>
      <xs:extension base="ebl:AbstractRequestType">
         <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element ref="ebl:DoExpressCheckoutPaymentRequestDetails" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
            <xs:element name="ReturnFMFDetails" type="xs:int" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
            </xs:element>
          </xs:sequence>
       </xs:extension>
     </xs:complexContent>

The ebl:DoExpressCheckoutPaymentRequestDetails is not optional.

> But no matter what I try I always get this error message:
> error: required value for element `DoExpressCheckoutPaymentRequest'
> missing at {urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI}DoExpressCheckoutPaymentReq

Usually, you get an error on the exact element where the problem is.
However, in some case, only a higher level element can report a problem:
for instance in case of a choice or substititionGroup.  So: the complaint
is then one (or sometimes more) levels higher-up in the tree than the
problem is...

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net