[Xml-compile] XML::Compile::WSDL11 in perl debugger

Brian Phillips bpphillips+ml at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 20:27:23 GMT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Mark Overmeer <mark at overmeer.net> wrote:

> * Brian Phillips (bpphillips+ml at gmail.com) [090909 17:23]:
> > Has anyone else had issues parsing WSDLs in the perl debugger with
> > XML::Compile::SOAP?  I grabbed the sample WSDL
> > from http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#_wsdl and then did this:
> > % perl -MXML::Compile::WSDL11 -e 'XML::Compile::WSDL11->new("sample.wsdl")'
>
> > If you let the debugger run without stepping through, it hangs completely
> > after a few seconds and doesn't respond to anything short of a kill -9.
> > I turned tracing on to verify that it wasn't just running slowly and it
> > does indeed stop at a consistent point:
> >
> > BTW, this is on the latest versions of XML::Compile (1.07) and XML::Compile
> > SOAP (2.08).
>
> I cannot reproduce the problem.  Which libxml2 version do you have?
> And which XML::LibXML?

XML::LibXML version 1.69
libxml2 version 2.6.23

It appears to likely be related to the version of libxml2 (or
something else environmental) as I tried the same thing with two other
versions on different (virtual)boxes (2.6.32 and 2.6.26) and it worked
fine.

My attempt at installing libxml2 in a custom location and getting
XML::LibXML to link and work with it failed miserably so I'll probably
just need to get a sysadmin to upgrade it for me :-/

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

Brian Phillips