[Xml-compile] bug(s) in compilation of a "choice" element?

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Sat Feb 6 00:05:58 GMT 2010

* Oliver Gorwits (oliver.gorwits at oucs.ox.ac.uk) [100205 22:35]:
> error: required value for element `DistinguishedFolderId' missing...
> Which puzzles me even more because I'd expect XML::Compile to be
> asking for cho_DistinguishedFolderId instead, at least.
>
> Of course you could be right in that I'm possibly misinterpreting
> how the data structure needs to look for the choice element I quoted.

There is a problem to get these
   <sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
   <choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
   etc

in a Perl nested datastructure.  Therefore, these get a label
which is the first element of the sequence/choice prepended by
seq_ resp cho_.

For instance, as schema:

   <element name="a">
   <choice maxOccurs="5">
     <element name="b">
     <element name="c">
   </choice>
   <element name="d">

An instance in Perl

   { a => 1
   , cho_b => [ { c => 3 }, { b => 2}, { c => 42} ]
   , d => 13
   };

When maxOccurs <= 1, there is no need for such prefix or complexity.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net