[Xml-compile] Accessing schemaLocation attribute url values inside <include> elements

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Fri Jul 16 12:52:24 GMT 2010

* Morad IGMIR (migmir at alliancemca.com) [100716 12:40]:
> Using automatic internet fetching makes file distribution easy.
> Only one set of wsdl/xsd per service, accessible through one url each.
> It considerably lessened my margin of error

When you want to run a stable application, you do not want it to
depend from external factors. Dynamically loading some spec from
some remote server has many, many hazards.

SOAP spevs suggest you to download the WSDL at the start of your
connection, via <url>?WSDL. When the server upgrades it WSDL, any client
may tumble over. Before upgrade, clients should be able to run regression
tests... upgrades are dangerous and difficult! So: bad idea to change
the WSDL via this mechanism!

If we do not change de WSDL because it is dangerous, why not declare it
constant. Keep it with the software which uses it. My long development
experience taught me: you must make your environment as small as possible
with minimal components and zillion of regression tests.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net