[Xml-compile] Multiple problems with X::C::WSDL11

Robin V. robinsp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 15:13:22 GMT 2010

Hi,

I managed to use xml::compile for a simple client with wsdl, but I
have a lot of problems to create a server with a complex wsdl.

The first problem arrive when I try to compile my wsdl:
my $wsdl = XML::Compile::WSDL11->new($wsdlfile);

For an unknown reason, WSDL11->new exits silently.

I traced the termination back to
XML::Compile::Translate::Reader->makeComplexElement
(line 614: and error __x"element `{name}' not processed at {path}" )

If I remove the "and error" part of the line to prevent program
termination and if I add some log ( print("Processing
".$tree->currentType." at ".$path."\n"); ) before line
"defined $tree->currentChild;"

I can see this:

[...]
Processing  at {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/}address
Processing  at {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}definitions/service/port
Processing  at {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}definitions/service
<dies there if i don't remove the "and error" >
Processing {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}annotation at
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/}definitions

But removing the test doesn't help my program to run, as it dies later with:
Use of uninitialized value $name in string eq at
C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib/XML/Compile/SOAP11/Operation.pm line 166.

Isn't it odd that I don't have more logs, even after enabling debug logs with:
use Log::Report   mode => 'DEBUG';

I try to catch someone on irc to do some interactive debugging, but
it's rather sleepy there.

I fear I'll have to do java for prototyping and I just don't like it.

Robin V.