[Xml-compile] Async HTTP SOAP requests

Aleksey Mashanov aleksey.mashanov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 22:05:16 GMT 2010

I'm writting a daemon, which operate on large amount of SOAP-connections to
different servers. So I want all HTTP-request to be done asynchronously
using AnyEvent::HTTP. Of cource, I can compile sender and receiver
separatelly and do HTTP-request manually, but it's ugly. Can we integrate
async-calls support to XML::Compile::SOAP? In my mind these modifications
will be quite enougth:
1. Add to XML::Compile::SOAP::Client->compileClient() argument "async". If
it's true, then compiled subroutine must accept "callback" parameter and
call it with results of request instead of returning them from sub.
2. The same ability to XML::Compile::Transport
3. Add to XML::Compile::Transport::SOAPHTTP (or some subclass) abillity to
make requests through AnyEvent::HTTP.
Any more ideas?