[Xml-compile] SOAP::Extension and different versions of SOAP

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Thu Oct 28 21:33:08 GMT 2010

* Aleksey Mashanov (aleksey.mashanov at gmail.com) [101028 22:21]:
> Many of SOAP extensions work equally with soap11 and soap12. But now
> extensions can work only with soap11 because of names of methods. May be it
> will be better to name methods without version suffix? Version of used
> wsdl/soap can be extracted from $wsdl or $operation argument passed to
> method.

As long as I do not know whether they behave the same or not, I cannot
simplify the name. Also SOAP1.2 will not be the last.

> P.S. I still trying to implement soap12 in background :) It's hard work
> without ability to modify base classes.

My idea is to move methods or parts of methods from SOAP11 into the
general SOAP base-classes during the development of SOAP12. The
offer is quite simple: if you can tell me which components can be
moved, I will release a modified version fast. After a few iterations,
we will reach clean code.

I would prefer to see many small steps, to reduce the chance that
your extension does not fit in my concept of the XML::Compile suite.

By the way, it is easiest to work with the raw sources, available
from http://perl.overmeer.net/xml-compile-soap/raw/

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net