[Xml-compile] Deep recursion on subroutine "XML::Compile::Translate::particleElement"

Brian Phillips bpphillips+ml at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:07:17 GMT 2011

Sorry for the very late reply.  This response got buried in my gmail
somewhere and I didn't see it...

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:19 AM, Mark Overmeer <mark at overmeer.net> wrote:

> * Brian Phillips (bpphillips+ml at gmail.com) [110524 13:12]:
> > Is there any way to silence/disable this warning: Deep recursion on
> > subroutine "XML::Compile::Translate::particleElement"?  I realize this is
> > generated by Perl but it seems like if XML::Compile knows it may have deep
> > recursion, it should disable the warning for me.  Maybe? :-)
>
> Which version of Perl are you using?

We are running Perl v5.12.2 but I would expect this to happen on any
5.8+ version of Perl (not tested, however).

> When I run this:
>
>  no warnings 'recursion';
>  sub f($);
>  sub f($)
>  {   my $x = shift;
>     $x < 300 or return;
>     f($x+1);
>  }
>  f 200;
>
> the warning is silenced. On the other hand: probably this warning is
> scoped which would mean that I have to add it to all my pm files...

Yes, this is the case.  The warning can be turned off for the lexical
scope but not globally.

> Could you see if that resolves your problem?  Then I will put that
> in the next release.

Please do!  Thanks