[Xml-compile] version of XML::Compile::SOAP::HTTPDaemon which supports GET

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Mon Mar 28 15:00:09 GMT 2011

* rahed (raherh at gmail.com) [110328 14:33]:
> Unfortunately some clients do require having a wsdl file at
> /path/to/file?WSDL. I had to find a workaround with SOAP::Lite server. The
> client was written within a java framework and it probably required the
> wsdl file during first start after the java code changed.

I do not expect the /path/to/file to be restricted to the address
as specified within the WSDL. So probably can provide the WSDL from
any other server.

Anyway, a quick hack in XML/Compile/SOAP/HTTPDaemon.pm (pre 3.0)
would be here. Try this

 sub runRequest($;$)
 {  my ($self, $request, $connection) = @_;

 #  my $client   = $connection->peerhost;
+   if($request->uri->path_query eq 'WSDL')
+   {   my $resp = HTTP::Response->new(RC_OK);
+       $resp->content(slurp $wsdl_file);
+       return $resp;
+   }
+
    if($request->method !~ m/^(?:M-)?POST/)
    {   return $self->makeResponse($request, RC_METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED
          , "only POST or M-POST"
          , "attempt to connect via ".$request->method);
    }

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net