[Xml-compile] Help with compiling serializers and de-serializers

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Mon May 23 19:54:39 GMT 2011

* Bill Moseley (moseley at hank.org) [110523 18:52]:
> ... posted (where I inspected {input_def} and {ouput_def} directly).
> Since I've not been able to do that I'm still not clear if I'm using the
> module incorrectly or if there's really an issue with the module.

Accessing internal (private) variables objects should never be needed.
They may change in the future and are undocumented.

> I was thinking showing actual code in those scripts might help you see
> what I was
> doing wrong.  Does it seem correct to you that in that last script there's
> not <Header> generated in the request XML?

(after waiting half an hour to get Moose installed) I do get a header. My
output:

    }
  ],
  'HeaderInfoParameters' => [
    {
      'imsx_messageIdentifier' => '1',
      'imsx_version' => 'V1.2'
    },
    {
      'imsx_messageIdentifier' => '1',
      'imsx_version' => 'V1.0'
    }
  ]
};
ENCODED: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF8"?>
 <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <SOAP-ENV:Header>
    <tns:imsx_syncRequestHeaderInfo xmlns:tns="http://www.imsglobal.org/services/lis/pms2p0/wsdl11/sync/imspms_v2p0">
      <tns:imsx_version>V1.2</tns:imsx_version>
      <tns:imsx_messageIdentifier>1</tns:imsx_messageIdentifier>
    </tns:imsx_syncRequestHeaderInfo>
    <tns:imsx_syncRequestHeaderInfo xmlns:tns="http://www.imsglobal.org/services/lis/pms2p0/wsdl11/sync/imspms_v2p0">
      <tns:imsx_version>V1.0</tns:imsx_version>
      <tns:imsx_messageIdentifier>1</tns:imsx_messageIdentifier>
    </tns:imsx_syncRequestHeaderInfo>
  </SOAP-ENV:Header>
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>

Which version of XML::Compile, ::Cache and ::SOAP do you have?

> If you look at Daniel's Catalyst::Controller::SOAP you can see he also is
> inspecting {input_def} directly, too.  The problem with that code is it
> assumes that there's only a <Body> element.

Yes, that's the reason I denied his code to my namespace. There is a
cleaner interface for most things he is doing and where interfaces are
missing, I offered him to add it. But he was not interested in clean
code.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net